Achieve genuine rust finishes on any surface using iron based paint on Rust Base and Oxidising Patina. Easily transforms objects and furniture into aged metal.
Paint on 2 coats of Rust Base, allow to dry then apply Rust & Verdigris Activator and watch the orange-red rust begin to appear.
Rust & Verdigris Activator
Used to activate Rust and Verdigris bases. Can also be applied to imitation gold leaf, copper leaf, bronze, brass or copper objects creating genuine antique metal finishes.
Example of Rust Base
Sizes: 100 ml, 500ml, 1L, 4L
- Rust and Verdigris are not suitable for permanent immersion in water.
- The life expectancy of Rust and Verdigris when positioned outside should be approximately 5 years.
- To stop further oxidisation or tarnishing a sealer coat of Shellac may be applied (1 part Shellac to 6 parts methylated spirits).
- Both Rust and Verdigris can be painted over if required by first applying an silver aluminium type paint then covering with appropriate decorative finish.
- Oxidising Patina may dry out too quickly if applied outdoors and therefore may not work effectively.
- Oxidising Patina is non-caustic.
Available in Australia Only
Rust Base Effect 100ml: $21.97
Rust Base Effect 500ml: $43.89
Rust Base Effect 1Litre: $65.89
Rust Base Effect 4Litre: $163.90
Rust & Verdigris Activator 100ml: $10.89
Rust & Verdigris Activator 500ml: $21.97